Year-round guided tours of the castle

Contact

By mail click here

By telephone (33) (0)7 - 50 93 47 52 / ( (33) (0)3 - 84 78 20 03 (preferably between 20h and 21h))

Location: in the middle of the village

Fondremand is a village in the region of Franche-Comté, located between Vesoul and Besancon. Michelin map
Fondremand is a very beautiful village, with houses dating back to the fifteen, sixteen and seventeenth centuries.
The church dates back to the thirteenth century.
In the twelfth century the old borough was surrounded by ramparts, of which parts are still visible.
The entry for visits is located at 3 rue du château.

Short presentation

The castle is a private monument (I.M.S.H), made up of parts from different time periods.

The keep

The keep is the oldest part of the castle, probably fourteenth century.
It is quadrilateral, separated vertically by an inner wall.
On the ground floor, there are two rooms arched in cradle, and the same goes for the first floor which is at the level of the interior court.
In one of the rooms on the first floor, all original openings were preserved: three loopholes and a latrine.

On the third floor, one clearly distinguishes the traces of two other formerly boarded levels.
This third floor shelters a museum displaying items of day-to-day life, objects used by craftsmen and farming objects.
They date roughly from the period 1850-1950.
Impressive frame.
On the side of the courtyard, the keep is flanked by a turret dating from the fifteenth - sixteenth century, with a spiral staircase.

Kitchen

It is located on the ground floor of a building that was built towards the end of fifteenth or the beginning of the sixteenth century.
Part arched on intersecting ribs it presents a monumental chimney.
Besides it is another small room arched on intersecting ribs.

The stable

The stable dates from the second part of the nineteenth century, with five stalls and two boxes, all well preserved.

Hiring

The location can be hired for cocktails, receptions, seminars, etc.

Actualités

Back

And also...

Opposite the keep, on the river “la Romaine”, there is a working mill. Site of the mil
In summer, a restaurant is open in the village (tel : (33) (0)3 - 84 78 99 10).